Have you ever wondered what the difference is between an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and a personal trainer?
Safe and effective exercise
An Accredited Exercise Physiologist is equipped with the know-how to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for acute and/or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities.
Thorough Assessments focused on you
We commonly find that our clients are keen to start excising but are scared of injuring themselves or don’t know where to start due to injuries or medical conditions. Before we put together an exercise program for you, we start by completing thorough assessments to understand your baseline, movements, posture, strengths and weaknesses. We also identify your goals to ensure we are catering to your individual needs.
We are extremely thorough when conducting our initial assessments which include:
- Posture assessment: your body’s musculoskeletal structure
- Functional movement screen (FMS): a series of movements that test strength, balance and mobility such as squatting and lunging
- Baseline measurements (blood pressure, resting heart rate, body composition, girth measurements): clear objective assessments give us a clear baseline of your current state
- Functional mobility assessments (upper body, lower body, hip flexion): we focus on how well you can move your joints
- Balance & stability: this provides us with insights into your balance and potential compensations your body is making
- Performance (sit to stands, repetitions maximum on strength tests, power tests, cardiovascular tests): these tests are specific to your goals and well give us a measure to determine the effectiveness of your program
All of the above tests give us an objective analysis of your body. Commonly these tests are not completed at gyms leaving you at higher risk of injury. As we tailor your program to your personal goals, assessment findings and evidenced-based research, you can be assured that we will help you fulfil your health and fitness goals.
Our highly skilled and university qualified Exercise Physiologists use their expert knowledge of movement to make exercise and fitness fun and functional helping you to feel great despite the stresses of everyday life.
This means that what we provide, directly links into making your body ready to take on the stressors of our busy lives.
Why Choose Active Movement Studio Parramatta?
Some advantages of signing up to see an Accredited Exercise Physiologist at Active Movement Studio in Parramatta include:
- University qualified & Exercise Sports Science Association (ESSA) AEPs
- Evidence-based research to practice – for example,e we use the latest research to in exercise rehabilitation for lower back pain and diabetes
- Gold level of standard in assessments and treatments in accordance with the ESSA guidelines
- Private health fund claims that cover Accredited Exercise Physiology
- Tailored training programs to the individual
- Guided training
- NO long term contracts!
So what does a typical session with an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) look like?
Your initial session with an AEP will involve a one-on-one meeting where you will outline your current state, your concerns and your short-to-long term life and fitness goals.
As described above we then take some baseline resting measurements and then conduct a functional movement screening test. Moving forward we will formulate a treatment plan best suited to you and your goals, also factoring in your personal wants and needs.
You will also receive a detailed report of your assessment findings, goals and exercise plan.
Still not sure about exercise & AEPs?
Why not come in for your GAP-FREE postural assessment conducted by our AEPs! Our gap-free postural assessments look at your current postural deviations and we help to determine where you could make improvements, also factoring in previous injuries, pain areas and your personal goals. Book in a session today to find out more and how we can help you get started on your fitness journey ASAP!
Benefits of signing up to see an Exercise Physiologist at AMS in Parramatta:
- Improve your quality of life
- Improve sleep quality
- Decrease the risk of chronic health conditions (obesity, heart conditions, respiratory)
- Improve mental health, boost cognitive function and memory performance
- Improve fertility in men and women
- Improve and maintain joint health.
Do I have to be diagnosed with a medical/chronic condition to see an AEP?
Absolutely not! We welcome anyone, everyone and EVERYBODY who walks through our door. Should you have the slightest intention of wanting to get active, our AEPs will be able to guide you and apply their professional knowledge to help you reach your goals.
The following are some examples of areas we treat (can also be a combination of):
- Corporate clientele (posture correction)
- Geriatrics (DVA) what is DVA?
- Rehabilitation post-injury and post-surgery
- Pre & post-natal rehabilitation and care
- Overall weight-loss
- Chronic and acute medical conditions
- Athletes (amateur & pro)